My good friend, Meredith Arthur, better known as The Beautiful Voyager, asked me awhile ago to put together a one stop shop on my articles that have to do with overthinking, beating anxiety, and what I call my Waring Blenders of Dog Shit n Crackers, and the Whirlpools of Piss.
Only a few months ago, I had no idea that I was an ‘overthinker,’ apparently a sub-category of people who suffer from anxiety or stress that causes physical symptoms. But thanks to Meredith, and her insightful articles and audio waves on Anchor, I have come to the realization that I am indeed and over-fuckin-thinker.
I’ve been writing about my struggle for a couple of years or so now, and since she thinks it might be helpful to put all of those articles in one place, I’m going to do that now.
I may come back and add new ones as I write them, or as I stumble upon old ones that I think have some relevance to the topic.
I will start with my longest series of articles: The Tick Tock series, which began as an examination of my brain-spinning mind. It has always been a natural thing for me to poke fun at my own inanities and idiosyncrasies, and this series does that in spades. So, if you’re easily offended by those who make fun of something of which you suffer, don’t read this shit; it will only piss you off, and stress you out further.
Also, if the word FUCK makes you want to cross yourself and cower in a corner, you might not want to read my stuff. If, however, you were born in a Naval family, or on a dock somewhere and you still maintain some semblance of a sense of humor, forge ahead with abandon. I did. [All of these are also in audio format, so you can listen while you drive, work, or shower]
The Tick Tock Series: Beating Anxiety, Overthinking, Tick Tocking, & Blenders of Dog Shit n Crackers, and Swimming Out of Whirlpools of Piss
- Tick Tock, Not Enough Time on the Clock: On the wonders of my overthinking brain: an intro if you will.
- Bye Bye Coercion, Hello Mr. Dao: Letting the Seeds of Shireness Grow. And so we dive into Eastern philosophy in search of a cure.
- Past n Future, Rats n Roaches. Where I look at the roots of brain-spin and overthinking, in the slippery world of time. This one gets pretty fuckin’ deep.
- Slow Down Dog Shit n Crackers! A breakthrough! Thanks to some Zen masters, I managed to at least slow down my overthinking and brainspin.
- Seeking Zen for the Unbendy, and the Dao of Dishes. One of my best articles, where I explain what meditation is really about, how it helps with overthinking, and how it’s not about the fuckin’ lotus position or staring at candles while assuming the form of a pretzel.
- Darth Vader & the Return of the Balrog Blender. RELAPSE! Damn it, the spin returns, and does it ever! But this time, I STOPPED IT! Another one of my best articles.
- Bud-nippin & Dog Shit, Sans Crackers, Sans Blender. How an actual pile of dog shit led to a major, mental and spiritual breakthrough! I stopped the spin before it began! I had to pat myself on the butt for this one.
- 215 Yds with a Lady & an Antique Putter: Golf is Life, pt 4. While this is also part of another series I have about the Zen philosophy behind the sport of golf, it’s also about one of my Whirlpools of Piss that happened a long time ago, and how I didn’t stop it, or nip it; I just had to ride it out. Pretty funny story though.
- Shining Lights in a Sea of Overthinking. This was a short article about Meredith’s Beautiful Voyager website, and her Lighthouse Map.
- Second Breakfast #3: Meredith Arthur, Overcoming Overthinking. This was my hour and 20 minute video chat with Meredith on all things Anxiety, Overthinking, Brain-spinny, Whirlpooley, and some great discussion on how Fear is at the root of it all. If you haven’t watched it, you definitely should!
And that’s IT! For now anyway. Do come back, if you finish all of these, because I probably forgot some others that might be related.
See y’all next time!