Hello friends and neighbors,
Checking in to write my 60th daily blog in a row, and to ruminate for a second on what that means, or what it has meant for me, so far.
Trying to come up with something brilliant, and/or amusing to say, every fuckin’ day, is pretty damned difficult. That’s the number one thing I’ve discovered, but maybe I already knew that going into this.
Finding something to say at all, isn’t that hard to do. Not for me anyway. Example A: this blog article you’re reading right now, or ignoring because it’s 4th of July weekend and you have something waaaaaay more fun to do at the moment and you’re doing it, and that’s awesome, because in a few minutes I’m gonna do something more interesting and fun, too.
What the experience has taught me, for sure, is that I can do it. A year won’t be that hard. The commitment to do it is enough to keep me going, especially at this point. I’ve already been going for 2 months straight; 10 more months won’t be that hard.
Some days, I really don’t have anything worth saying, well, that’s not entirely true. I have a lot of deep and thoughtful topics in reserve, but some days I just don’t have the time to really get them down on ‘paper’ and then polish them up enough to publish, all in one day.
So, I write some bullshit like you’re reading right now, or not.
For instance, here are some upcoming topics that I’m gonna write about, when I have time to sit down and bang them out:
- Writing the Toxins Out: Power of Storytelling, pt 4
- The Real Story: Power of Storytelling, pt something: this will be in tandem with a Youtube video, and it’s gonna kick fuckin’ ass, so you don’t want to miss it!
- Let’s Make America Great…FINALLY: an examination of when it was, if ever, and what the hell that means, and how we might actually make it great, for once
- Writing to Happiness/Joy: this will probably be an article about the method that I want to employ in a series of workshops I’m working on, centered around abolishing Fear in our lives, and rewriting our story
- Car Alarms Are Fuckin’ Stupid: I could probably just post this article as a title, alone, because they are fuckin’ stupid. However, I feel like ranting on it for awhile, so I probably will
- 2 Shits and a Flaming Dumpster: You’re gonna love this one, once I get to it.
- Perfectionism and Fear: this will be part of a chapter in the new book, and probably an article, examining the link between those who think that perfectionism is a virtue–it so fuckin’ isn’t–and the Fear that drives it
- Am I Larger Than Life, or Just Larger than My Clothes?: I have no idea where this one will end up, but it might be fun to find out.
- “No Truths Outside the Gates of Eden”: an examination of the line from the Bob Dillon song.
- Scarcity and Wealth: Are They Diametrically Opposed?
- Turning 50: Time to Kick Some Ass. Is this my year? Fuck yeah it is.
- Borders, Flags, and Fear: an examination of nationalism, patriotism, symbolism, and the Fears that drive them.
That should keep me busy for awhile, don’cha think?
See y’all tomorrow!