I love Memorial Day Weekend.
First off, I think it’s proper and good that we pay respects to the women and men who have given their lives in our military, as well as those who served along with them. I want to say, “Thank You,” personally, right here.
I’m going to do a more sincere tribute to one of them on Monday, so keep a look out for it. It’s an excerpt from my upcoming book, The End of Fear Itself.
But for today, Saturday the 28th of May, 2016, I’m gonna give you the complete recipe for a kick ass Memorial Day BBQ Bash, Steve Bivans Style!
One of the things I love most about this weekend, and the summer in general, is BBQ: ribs, pork shoulders, briskets, and all the stuff that comes with it. I’ve written several articles over the last couple of years about the wonders of BBQ and I offer them to you here, in a one-stop-shop of fuckin’ awesomeness and smoke!
So, fire up some charcoal, rub your meat, brew up some tea–with sugar and ice, and get your ass outside in the sunshine! Throw a fuckin’ party! Drink some bourbon, some rum, some beer!
Here’s my recipe for the perfect Memorial Day Weekend BBQ Blowout!
- Drinks: You must have the right drinks, because it’s gonna get hot standin’ next to that far (that’s fiii-er for you Yankees). Here’s a couple of my recipes, but don’t forget that some bourbon in a glass is always a tried and true tradition of the South.
- Mix up some Hurricane Steves! This Category 6 drink will knock you on your ass, and blow off yer roof, and carry off small children–who should not be drinking it anyway (Apparently that’s illegal)
- For those of you who don’t do the booze, and for those of us who do, but need to take a break for a few hours, brew up some South Farthing Sweet Iced Tea!
- Bourbon and Beer: Get a bunch of ice, pour it over a cooler full of beer, put some in a glass, and pour some Evan Williams, or Bookers over top of it, maybe a splash of cola, and get ready to ROCK N ROLL!
- Music: This is one of the most important ingredients in every party, but so many people overlook it. What you need is my Pig Pickin’ Spotify Mix! Turn it up, talk like a redneck, and feel the sweat run down your back!
- BBQ: And I don’t mean burnin’ a couple of wieners on your hibachi. That ain’t BBQ my friend. It might be good, but it ain’t BBQin’.
- Smoke up some BBQ Ribs that Don’t Suck Ass! I’ll show you how in my video, and tell you how in the articles. These ribs will change your fuckin’ life.
- If you’re really lookin’ to up your BBQ intelligence quotient, then graduate yerself to NC Style BBQ Pulled Pork. NO! This ain’t made in the oven! That’s cheating, and it tastes like crap compared to real BBQ.
- Don’t forget the Sauce! If you’re making BBQ pulled pork, you need some NC Pirates’ Cove BBQ Sauce to give it that swashbuckling ZING!
- If yer in a hurry to eat, then let’s just GRILL something! High temp, big heat, flame lickin’ goodness!
- Try my BadAss Grilled Maple Bourbon Pork Chop recipe! Trust me, this one will curl your toes and make you scream in ecstasy.
- Want a taste of fire-kissed Mediterranean cuisine? Try my Nobody’s Chicken but the Turks recipe!
- If you want to fire up something quicker, and amazing, then let’s take it even further South, to Jamaica, and do some Jamaican Jerk Chicken Wings!
- Philosophy: Yer gonna get plenty of that in the other recipe articles, but if you really want to contemplate the meaning of life–and yes, it has to do with BBQ–then you simply must read one of my best articles, and chapter from Be a Hobbit, BBQing with Lesbians: Let Shireness Be.
If you read all of that this weekend, and follow my instructions to the letter, you’re gonna throw one hell of a Memorial Day Weekend BBQ Bash!